Web Agency series – Martin Fromm from Error
On the third episode of our Web Agency series we talked with Martin Fromm, Director at Error. His digital agency, with only 6 people, is based in UK and originally setup in Liverpool with primarily London based clients.
As usual with this serie, the episode was recorded in English.
- Who is Martin and Error [00:00:41]
- How did the agency name come up [00:01:49]
- The 4 days work week [00:02:46]
- What’s the impact on productivity of the 4 days weeks [00:04:50]
- How it’s pitched to clients [00:06:20]
- The possible application on other companies [00:07:50]
- Why keeping the agency small [00:08:37]
- How the company growth is measured [00:10:10]
- How the work schedule is divided [00:12:43]
- How product development fits in everyday project schedule and it’s challenges [00:15:16]
- The trade-offs of building a product based on client work [00:19:01]
- How was the process of getting high profile clients [00:20:36]
- The process of being a full web services agency [00:24:06]
- Martin’s role in the agency [00:26:08]
- What are UX Workshops [00:27:40]
- Recommendations for someone starting in UX [00:30:21]
- How UX workshops are pitched to clients [00:34:17]
- What kind of deliverables come from the workshops [00:36:27]
- Opinion about the current state of webdesign [00:37:59]
- What do you see coming in the next 12 months that is going to create a big impact on the web?
Typography, readability, flexbox and static sites generators
- Which is the mobile app you couldn’t live without?
- Which is the productivity tool indispensable for your day to day?
Things and Hipchat
- A fundamental podcast or book?
3 Books: Studio Culture, Rework and ZAG
- A conference you wouldn’t miss?
Happy Startup School
- Any suggestions for our next guest?
Kyle Macdonald, CTO from Carrot NY