Web Agency series – Matt Medeiros from Slocum Studio
Matt Medeiros is the first guest of our series of interviews with web agencies around the world.
This American guy with Portuguese ancestry has a strong presence in the global WordPress community, and we meet him through its podcast Matt Report, a well-known WordPress podcast for digital business owners.
Besides his podcast, we talked about the business he co-founded with his father Mark Medeiros, in 2008, called Slocum Studio, a WordPress digital agency. At Slocum Studio, Matt is a business developer and manages a team of developers and designers.
This episode was recorded in English.
- Welcome & intro [00:00:13]
- How did 10web start [00:00:30]
- Why did Matt start his podcast, and the importance of it in his life (Matt Report) [00:02:05]
- What is Matt job [00:05:07]
- Impact of Matt Report for his we agency (Slocum Studio) [00:06:15]
- Types of clients Slocum Studio has [00:08:00]
- Slocum Studio as B2B or B2C [00:09:30]
- People at Slocum Studio [00:10:13]
- The most challenging projects [00:15:18]
- Strategy to get WordPress themes noticed [00:18:00]
- Advices for WordPress developers that are starting their career [00:21:45]
- Is there US companies that still does not understand Internet [00:24:40]
- Handling content for websites [00:29:35]
- The potential of WordPress REST API [00:38:32]
- The next big thing happing WordPress related [00:42:10]
- Quick questions [00:47:00]
- What do you see coming in the next 12 months that is going to create a big impact on the web?
The “open Internet” and Internet privacy issues
- Which is the mobile app you couldn’t live without?
Wunderlist – a todo app
- Which is the productivity tool indispensable for your day to day?
Tweetbot – a bot for twitter app
- A fundamental podcast or book?
Podcast: Six Pixels of Separation, by Mitch Joel, about Digital Marketing
- A conference you wouldn’t miss?
PressNomics, about WordPress economy
- Any suggestions for our next guest?
Ionut, co-founder of themeIsle